Friday, October 21, 2011

One of those jacks

Well I don't know what it is but Alex sure got some kind of fish voodoo going on here. For me it is pretty normal that we have new fish to eat every week but when I hear other sailors saying they rarely get anything on their hook I kind of understand that it is a rare talent we got here in my sport fisherman. And to be able to get all those fish from our mini dinghy with a tiny jig rod like this, that's obviously quite unique. Alex has a couple of very large and expensive rods and reels which normally are used trolling behind the boat, but this crevalle jack was caught with only the smallest and cheapest rod we have here onboard while cruising around in the dinghy. I don't know too much about these stuff but this is what Alex used for this fish:

Rod: Kali embat 150, spinning reel: Mitchell elx 300R, line: Berkley Trilene 0,20 mm, lure: X-rap from Rapala.